Port City Bakery has an opening for AP/AR Coordinator. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, he/she will be primarily responsible for vendor invoice entry and payments as well as customer invoicing, cash application, and collections.
GREEN BAY, WI
Vendor Invoice Entry and Payments:
- Route vendor invoices through document management software.
- Review invoices for accuracy and post them against received purchase orders and/or send them off for approval.
- Process vender check and ACH payments weekly.
- Communicate with vendors regarding any invoice or payment issues.
- Match freight invoices to shipments in freight tracking software.
- Reconcile temporary help and day labor hours/dollars to vendor invoices.
- Process all credit card charges and reconcile to monthly statement.
- Calculate and file use tax monthly.
- Send out new vendor application and review returned documentation for completeness.
Customer Invoicing, Cash application, and Collections:
- Post and send customer invoices daily.
- Apply customer payments each morning.
- Update the cash forecast and reconcile to the bank account general ledger balance.
- Research and resolve customer chargebacks and deductions, acquiring the proper approval and posting credits.
- Reconcile and post rebate deductions against accrued rebates.
- Contact customers to inquire on past due invoices.
- Send out credit applications and bank and trade references for new customers.
- Maintain proper standard operating procedures for all AP and AR processes.
- Provide document requests to external auditors during annual financial audit.
- Ad Hoc analyses and data entry as requested by management.
Zero Tolerance Drug Free, Alcohol Free Workplace. Applicants must be drug-free and able to pass a pre-employment drug test upon conditional job offer.
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent external work experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS word, MS excel, MS outlook.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with moderate level of difficulty.