Environmental Health, Safety and Lean Specialist
Prior Lake, Minnesota
- 5832 Industrial Ln SE, MN 55372
AK Pizza Crust is a privately held food manufacturer employing 400+ people over multiple facilities. The Environmental Health, Safety and Lean Specialist supports AK Pizza Crust by Implementing and monitoring all Environmental health and safety programs as well as executing, deploying, and sustaining continuous improvement initiatives. This individual will work under the direction of the Operations Manager and work directly with Operations, Quality, and Maintenance.
Our passion is Making great crusts for the top pizza brands throughout North America. Our Core Values of Customer Focus, Opportunistic, Innovative, Profitable, Respect for One Another, Safe Products, and Productive has helped us in achieving consistent growth and the “Advance Economic Development Manufacturing Award of Distinction” for a Large Company in 2016.
We teach the “One Best Way” we know today and strive to foster relationships between employees that allows for understanding and personal growth. This in turn drives continuous improvements throughout the organization.
Environmental Safety and Health Responsibilities:
- Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and implement site specific policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements in accordance with federal/state/local regulatory and Company requirements
- Coordinates daily activities to ensure interaction with facility management team, team leaders, and facility employees in order to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices
- Conducts/coordinates daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, corrective action logs, training records, etc.)
- Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities including training, collection, disposal, and records maintenance and for conservation programs within the organization
- Monitors and supports security-related events
- Participates in claims management program with HR team
- Assists other locations as needed
Lean Manufacturing - Continuous Improvement Responsibilities:
- Lead, facilitate and execute projects using Lean principles and Continuous Improvement Framework to enhance the overall effectiveness of manufacturing operations and achieve operational excellence.
- A change agent who drives continuous improvement initiatives and Lean within the facility while fostering Servant Leadership.
- Train, coach and challenge Team Members in using Lean tools, RedZone and developing a problem-solving culture.
- Lead established 5S and Employee Kaizen suggestion processes.
- In addition, train the work force on the use of lean tools and conducts continuous improvement events.
- Provide assistance to production personnel in developing, improving, and implementing improvement ideas, standard work, 5S and other resources they may need.
- Support Operations with developing, improving and maintaining Job Instructions and Standard Work.
- Maintain personal growth and education opportunities via, CI Consortium, etc.
- Flexibility to work will all shifts as needed.
- 1-3 years of experience in environment, health and safety, and/or sustainability position.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental management practices with PSM & RMP
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing principles and Continuous Improvement Framework.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of Lean principles through effective communication, collaboration, and personal actions/behaviors.
- Working knowledge of the use of problem-solving tools, PDCA, 5S, KPIs and Standard Work.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- B.S. degree in safety management, environmental health, or related field preferred.
- Ability to develop cross-functional teams.
- Constantly learning, expanding technical expertise.
- Supports an organization that encourages change.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.