The Warehouse Supervisor understands the essential duties, responsibilities and expectations required from management while they are on duty. It is the expectation that everyone on the Shipping/Receiving Team receives training and understands all aspects of SQF, Lean, and all other job duties in shipping and receiving and performs all duties necessary to keep the shipping/receiving department running at optimum efficiency.
· Ensure shipping and receiving needs are met with regards to quality, GMP’s, SQF and safety.
· Be able to perform all duties assigned to the role as a back-up shipping associate as needed.
· Be able to perform all duties assigned to the role as shipping & receiving associate as needed.
· Be able to perform all duties assigned to the role as assistant shipping and receiving supervisor as needed.
· Ensure that all paperwork for both receipts and BOL’s are processed for the shift assigned.
· Ensure that all training for all new associates for assigned shift is completed from start to finish.
· Ensure all 30/60/90 day reviews for new associates is completed and administered with the shipping & receiving assistant supervisor.
· Ensure that all tasks for all shifts are delegated equally to all associates on the shift.
· Hold all associates accountable for daily duties and complete corrective action in a timely manner.
· Ensure that the office phone is carried at all times during the shift and all calls and messages are answered in a timely manner.
· Maintain that all associates are held accountable and kept busy for assigned shift.
· Ensure Organization Management is followed and that all tasks assigned are completed by shift end.
· Ensure that all S.O.P. Training is completed with all associates and all records signed and documented.
· Maintain monthly meetings with assigned shift to go over updates and receive feedback.
· Attend bi-weekly EOS meetings with shipping and receiving manager.
· Maintain bi-weekly meetings with assistant supervisor’s to include feedback from shifts and any issues that need addressing.
· Give input and feedback for all assigned associates for yearly reviews.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment each day.
· Ensure you have excellent attendance.
· Monitor daily attendance, approve and correct employee attendance in time system.
· Provide leadership to team and lead by example.
· Ensure the cooler/freezer/dock area is clean, orderly, and organized at all times.
· Ensure flexibility to work weekends and when called in as needed.
· Ensure physical stamina to be able to walk around all areas of the floor.
· Obtain safety fork & scissor lift training through A&K.
· Ability to look outside the box on ways to improve the department.
· Flexibility to work on other shifts as needed.
· Adhere to all policies and rules listed in the Employee Handbook.
· Perform other duties as assigned or designated by Management.
*Perks may vary by position and location