PRIOR LAKE, MN
AK Crust is accepting applications for experienced Industrial Maintenance Mechanics. These are full time, year-round positions with a growing, successful company. Join one of the nation's foremost manufacturers of pizza crust and pizza dough products!
Shifts & Locations
AK Pizza Crust is hiring Maintenance Mechanics at our Prior Lake facility. Immediate openings will vary based on current staffing needs at this work site location:
- Preventive maintenance on production equipment including conveyors, ovens, and freezers
- Troubleshooting and repairing motors, conveyors, belts, pneumatic systems and more
- Utilizing diagrams, sketches, manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specs
- Removing defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand and power tools
- Examining form and texture of parts for wear
- Maintaining equipment, parts, and supply inventories
- Compliance with food industry GMP's, Quality Assurance and Safe Practices
- Accurate documentation to meet stringent SQF record keeping requirements
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
Essential Job Requirements
- At least 1 year of technical education or equivalent experience in mechanical or electrical fields is required
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability
- Commitment to learning new skills and mastering new competencies
- Tools: employees supply their own industrial-grade tools (list provided)
- Prior LOTO training and forklift certification desired (we will re-certify)
- Strong reading, writing, record keeping and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attendance
- Standing, walking 8+ hours per day
- Frequent bending, twisting, reaching
- Frequent repetitive wrist and hand motion
- Some overhead lifting and reaching
- Ability to lift +/- 50 pounds
- Ability to work at heights using ladders, lifts
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, step stools
- Ability to tolerate hot and cold temperatures
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity
Dress code: Sanitation PPE is provided and required. GMP's required in the plant. Hairnets, beard nets, and uniforms are worn. No watches, jewelry, piercings, false fingernails or nail polish permitted. No dresses, skirts, shorts, capris, or pants with holes. New slip-resistant footwear is required; voucher provided for purchase of shoes.
Language skills: Requires the ability to understand and follow instructions and to communicate effectively one-on-one and in small groups
Teamwork and a positive attitude are essential in keeping with our culture of respect.