Production & Packaging
GREEN BAY, WI
Entry-level production positions are a great place to start your career with AK Crust. Find your place on one of eight state-of the art production lines. Learn new skills, pursue advancement, and secure a bright future with a growing, successful company!
Production and Packaging is where it all begins. You will be making and packaging pizza crusts destined for dinner tables nationwide. You will feel the pride of producing only the highest-quality food products. You will be responsible for customer satisfaction and fulfillment. Most of all, you will be part of a valued workforce that is critical to our shared growth and success.
Shifts & Locations
AK Pizza Crust has three production plants in Green Bay and operates 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift crews. Positions are full time with some weekends required. Immediate openings will vary based on current staffing needs at one of these work site locations:
Production and Packaging tasks will vary by line and department and may include:
- Counting and stacking, bagging and boxing baked or frozen crusts
- Making and labeling boxes
- Inspecting product for quality, weight, size & shape
- Forming cheese-stuffed crusts
- Band-sawing stacked crusts
- Stacking trays and/or stacking full cases onto pallets
- Moving pallets with pallet jack
- Cleaning work areas (1st shift also performs a weekly full-line sanitation)
Essential Job Requirements
Zero Tolerance Drug Free, Alcohol Free Workplace. Applicants must be drug-free and able to pass a pre-employment drug test upon conditional job offer.
- Some production, packaging, or assembly experience is helpful but training is provided
- High school diploma or GED is a plus
- Ability to read labels, recipes, scales, safety and food safety procedures, etc.
- Ability to count, add, and subtract accurately
- Excellent attendance
- Physical demands. Requires the ability to perform fast-paced manual labor including:
- Standing and walking, 8+ hours per day
- Constant bending, twisting, reaching, repetitive wrist and hand motion
- Frequent overhead lifting, reaching, and stacking
- Frequent lifting up to 25 pounds, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs, step stools
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity
- Temperatures: baked lines / frozen lines experience warmer / cooler temperatures
- Dress code: GMP's required in the plant. Hairnets, beard nets, and uniforms are worn. No watches, jewelry, piercings, false fingernails or nail polish permitted. No dresses, skirts, shorts, capris, or pants with holes. New slip-resistant footwear is required; purchase voucher provided .
- Language skills: Requires the ability to understand and follow instructions and to communicate effectively one-on-one and in small groups
- Teamwork and a positive attitude are essential in keeping with our culture of respect