Green Bay, WI
Alive & Kickin’ Pizza is looking to fill a full time Production Planner position. This role is responsible for porduction planning which will support plant operations in Minnesota and Wisconsin. This includes but is not limited to the procurement of raw materials, scheduling of production lines, and other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager and the company's executive management. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and an advanced working knowledge of Excel and ERP systems.
Shifts & Locations
The Company operates three production plants and one fabrication shop in Green Bay. The Office of the production planner will be held at the address below:
- 1326 Cornell Road, Green Bay WI
- Schedules the delivery of various raw ingredients in a timely and cost effective manner, based on production needs.
- Maintains and confirms accurate pricing with vendors.
- Schedules various production lines as needed at any production facility company-wide.
- Coordinates production schedules with the sanitation department as deemed necessary by the company and federal guidelines.
- Coordinates with the maintenance department in order to schedule equipment repairs as needed.
- Analyzes capacity constraints using customer forecasts to determine bottlenecks and delivery delays.
- Communicates between the production lines and the sales department when production delays are expected. This may require working intermittently off-hours.
- Implements continuous improvement and documents best practices within the department.
- Serves as backup for various related roles within the department as needed.
- Coordinators with the warehouse to confirm shipping and pickup dates for customer sales orders and raw material deliveries.
- Conducts physical inventory counts as needed. Year-end inventories are preformed on a weekend when the production lines are scheduled to be down.
- Ensures all safety procedures are being followed correctly.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of MS excel is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or related field is preferred or 3+ years of experience in production planning and logistics.
- Experience with MRP/MPS software.
- Superior organization & time management skills.
- Experience preparing production schedules in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Proven time management and task management abilities.
- Strong analytical skills, process oriented and ability to develop action plans.
Language skills: Requires the ability to understand and follow instructions and to communicate effectively one-on-one and in small groups. Teamwork and a positive attitude are essential in keeping with our culture of cooperation and respect.
Strong reading, writing, and basic math skills required.
Safety: Employees must comply with company Safe Practices. Slip-resistant footwear is required. the company provides a voucher for the purchase of safety shoes.
General: Employees will be expected to work to achieve company goals and to comply fully with all policies and procedures. Good attendance is required.
Drug Free Workplace: Pre-employment, Random, Post-Accident, and Reasonable Suspicion Drug & Alcohol Screening is strictly enforced.