GREEN BAY, WI
Keeping our facilities clean and sanitized is critical to our success in the food industry. The Sanitation Department plays an essential part in our Food Safety and Food Defense program.
Safeguarding our customers through superior sanitation. AK Crust takes a "clean in place" approach. All food production equipment is washed by hand - soaped, rinsed, and sanitized to the highest standards. Our sanitation program is designed to meet or exceed all customer audits as well as stringent FDA and SQF requirements.
Shifts & Locations
Positions are 1st shift, full time, with some weekends required. Immediate openings will vary based on current staffing needs at these work site locations:
Sanitation follows a Master Cleaning Schedule which includes regularly:
- Washing and sanitizing all food-contact surfaces: soaping, wiping, scraping, rinsing
- Use of power hose and air hose to remove debris and rinse
- Sweeping and mopping
- Operating floor scrubber equipment
- Using ladders and scissors lifts to clean at heights
- Thorough facilities cleaning: windows, walls, ceilings, fixtures
Essential Job Requirements
Zero Tolerance Drug Free, Alcohol Free Workplace. Applicants must be drug-free and able to pass a pre-employment drug test upon conditional job offer.
- Some industrial sanitation experience is helpful but training is provided
- High school diploma or GED is a plus
- Ability to read labels and safety instructions on cleaning chemicals
- Ability to work with industrial cleaning chemicals (safety training, PPE provided)
- Excellent attendance
- Physical demands. Requires the ability to perform fast-paced manual labor including:
- Standing and walking, 8+ hours per day
- Constant bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, repetitive wrist and hand motion
- Frequent overhead reaching
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 20 pounds, possible lifting up to 50 pounds
- Kneeling, crouching, crawling as needed
- Ability to climb stairs, step stools, step ladders
- Ability to work at heights on scissors lift
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity
- Temperatures: Baked lines and frozen lines experience warmer / cooler temperatures
- Dress code: Sanitation PPE is provided and required. GMP's required in the plant. Hairnets, beard nets, and uniforms are worn. No watches, jewelry, piercings, false fingernails or nail polish permitted. No dresses, skirts, shorts, capris, or pants with holes. New slip-resistant footwear is required; voucher provided for purchase of shoes.
- Language skills: Requires the ability to understand and follow instructions and to communicate effectively one-on-one and in small groups
- Teamwork and a positive attitude are essential in keeping with our culture of respect