Prior Lake, MN
Alive & Kickin’ Pizza is looking to fill a full time System Administrator position. The System Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency, reliability, and Security of our information systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of server administration, networks, operating systems, and working knowledge of VMWare products. The system administrator will report to and work closely with the IT manager.
- Provide daily support for internal IT systems including servers, desktops, printers, and networking equipment.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues to ensure high levels of availability and security.
- Perform server virtualization installation, configuration, updates, backups, and restores.
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and data.
- Assist in handling user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, email filters.
- Create SOP documentation for reoccurring technical issues and processes for helpdesk.
- System administration for local and cloud servers.
- Architect project solutions and recommend technology roadmap, initiatives.
- Help train and assist IT team members with all procedures, troubleshooting techniques, and best practices.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associates degree, equivalent work experience or IT certifications (VCP, MCSA, CCNA).
- 1-2 years experience as a system administrator in a large complex enterprise.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 0365, Active Directory, and Azure Services.
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESXI, vSpere, vCenter, including the configuration and management of virtual machines and environments.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012-2022, Linux, and other server technologies.
- Familiarity of backup and recovery procedures and best practices.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proactive - anticipates technology opportunities and issues, presents solutions, and leads execution.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Lifelong learner and forward thinking.
Preferred skills and Abilities:
- Experience in automation scripting in Powershell and/or Python.
Language skills: Requires the ability to understand and follow instructions and to communicate effectively one-on-one and in small groups. Teamwork and a positive attitude are essential in keeping with our culture of cooperation and respect.
Strong reading, writing, and basic math skills required.
Safety: Employees must comply with company Safe Practices. Slip-resistant footwear is required. the company provides a voucher for the purchase of safety shoes.
General: Employees will be expected to work to achieve company goals and to comply fully with all policies and procedures. Good attendance is required.