The mandates surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) has people rethinking how they purchase pizza. The nearly 100% increase in retail frozen pizza sales in recent months demonstrates one trusted solution, as does the preference for fresh take-and-bake convenience store pizza prepared and sold using in-store precautionary measures.
Keeping your fresh pizza options on-trend and available as bake-at-home alternatives to frozen doesn't happen by chance. The crust you choose for your fresh pizza is the most important factor in meeting customer demand now and ensuring the success of your c-store program in the future.
Which crust is the “right” crust?
Unlike pizza restaurants that generally provide a wide range of pie preparations, the “fast and portable” nature of c-store foods make the venues best suited to take-and-bake, frozen, or ready-to-eat pizza.
Given the operational demands, par-baked crusts can often be the ideal solution for c-store pizza. Partially baked prior to topping, the "baked bread" properties lend themselves to extended hold times under a warmer and up to one week refrigerated as a finished pizza.
Adaptable, versatile, and consistent, par-baked crusts require no proofing and final baking times are short.
The variety and quality of Alive & Kickin' products makes it easy to get the "right" crusts into your rotation with nothing short of delicious results:
- Bella Vita Individual Size Crust: A yeasty, fermented par-baked crust that browns beautifully with a "rolled" edge
- DeliCatezze Par-Baked Crust: The extra-long shelf life and hold times, ease of handling, and perfect final bake in home ovens is a perfect fit for c-stores
- New York Style Par-Baked Crust: A lightly crisp bottom, large irregular edge, and just the right chew combine for the par-baked crust of a classic slice
- Cheese-Stuffed Pizza Crust: A par-baked crust that offers traditional thickness and a rope of mozzarella cheese enclosed in the outer edge
- Italian Heritage Crust: A robust, flavorful recipe with a hint of garlic and appealing texture — the latest Alive & Kickin' innovation!
Benefits to the bottom line
Affordability is always a consideration for convenience store pizza crusts, and our par-baked options do not disappoint. Training and preparation time is kept to a minimum along with the amount of required equipment and supplies — it all adds up to a relatively low-cost investment.
Couple these benefits with the built-in profitability of fresh by-the-slice or take-and-bake whole pie selling opportunities, and you’ll be as satisfied with par-baked pizza crusts as the customers you serve.
Learn more about how par-baked crusts can help take your business to the next level in our guide, Par-Baked Pizza Crusts: 4 Key Benefits for C-Stores. Click the button below to access your copy now!